- About About
- Member Associations Members
- High Performance Program High Performance
- Trainers Certification Certification
- Penalty Free Sweepstakes Penalty Free Sweepstakes
- Ice Times Ice Times
- Safety Safety
- Contact Contact
- Links Links
The HDCO was established in 1984 as a joint project between the Government of Ontario and the amateur hockey bodies in the province.
The newly formed HDCO was to act as a "one voice" for amateur hockey in Ontario to the provincial government while playing a coordinating
role between its member organizations.
The offices of the HDCO are located in Toronto and has two (2) full-time staff, an Executive Director and an Executive Assistant, to carry out
the day-to-day operations of the organization.
The HDCO plays a coordinating role with its members in the following ways:
- providing financial support and other resources, as available, to assist with programs and services offered to amateur hockey participants
in the province.
- referring inquiries related to competition and jurisdiction to the appropriate member organization.
- assist and promote the development, implementation and management of programs and services that are available through the
member partners of the HDCO.
- acting as a representative of amateur hockey in the province to government, media and other provincial groups.
- act as a one voice and an advocate on behalf of the member partners for amateur hockey in Ontario to the Ministry of Tourism Culture and Sport.
The HDCO is a non-profit organization that receives financial support from the Provincial Sport and Recreation Branch of the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport.