- About About
- Member Associations Members
- High Performance Program High Performance
- Trainers Certification Certification
- Penalty Free Sweepstakes Penalty Free Sweepstakes
- Ice Times Ice Times
- Safety Safety
- Contact Contact
- Links Links
The HTCP second level of certification recognizes a minimum credential of Standard or Advanced First Aid cards with CPR Level C. *AED training is strongly recommended. Also, individuals that have certain types of medical or para-medical training can be issued Level 2 status. In all circumstances, to obtain Level 2 status the participant must possess HTCP certification which is valid at the time at which the Level 2 status is granted.
Certification at Level 2 is achieved by one of the following methods:
• Recognition of a Standard First aid or Advanced First Aid card from an Ontario WSIB recognized FADO (First Aid Delivery Organization) or when a member association hosts a Standard or Advanced First Aid course. The FADO’s recognized by the HTCP and its members for the purpose of providing First Aid, CPR and AED training are listed with the Ontario WSIB.
• Upon successfully completing the approved HDCO program (HTCP Level I) any individual who has the following professional qualifications, certified to work in Canada and is practicing, can be granted Level 2 status: - Registered Nurse - Occupational Health Nurses - Chiropractors - Physicians - Basic Trauma Life Support (B.T.L.S.) - EMCA certified - CATA/NATA - Military Medics (valid for 2 years from end of service data) (Qualifications must be licensed in Canada) - Physiotherapist - Dentist - Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - Podiatrist
Level 2 Expiration Date:
Expiration dates continue to apply to Level 2 equivalencies and may not exceed three (3) years with the expiration date no later than August 31/YR. If the First Aid card expires during the hockey season (September 1 to April 30) then the Level 2 certification shall be backdated to no later than August 31/YR. If the First Aid card expires between May 1 and August 31 than the actual date of certification expiry will be the date of expiry of the First Aid card. The HTCP and its member associations recognize that if no expiration date is stated on the FA card, the member associations will assume the FA card is valid for two (2) years. There are some FA instruction companies that provide for a three (3) year expiration. For professional qualifications, the universal expiry date of August 31/YR will apply.
Those who have Level 2 status may continue to renew by ensuring they keep their qualifications updated with the applicable member association by providing proof of requalification. Member Associations may at their discretion, extend the period of requalification within a reasonable timeframe and under normal circumstances not to exceed October 31/YR. Regardless of this extension, the universal expiry date remains August 31/YR. NOTE: If lapsed past the requalification timeframe, a participant will be considered NEW and must complete the HTCP Level 1 full course.
To apply for Level 2 upgrade or Level 2 renewal, please direct your request to the appropriate branch/division office. Please note that an administration fee may apply.
Click Here for Listing of Branch/Division Offices